These are the changes of ARK: Survival Evolved’s Patch 175.0, grouped into categories for clarity. If not otherwise indicated, they’re quoted from the relevant Steam Thread.
- Tribe Governance Options: Presets: Communism, Capitalism, Libertarianism, and everything in between via total customizable property, dino, & structure sharing settings. Trive Manager now has “Government” options which can (currently) only be set upon creation of the Tribe. When you are invited to a Tribe, you can now view the Tribe’s governance options in the Activation menu before deciding whether to join. If you wish to change this afterwards, Merge the Tribe into a new Tribe.
- New: Craftable Headlamp item
Linux Server Linux Dedicated Server!
- Added “Go Aggressive” and “Go Neutral” ranged whistle commands. “Go Neutral” also clears aggro, so is good for quickly recalling your dinos from an attack.
- Dinos now take fall damage properly
- Better dino following logic, and fixed a bug where following dinos weren’t sprinting like they should have been
- Piranhas now spawn in larget groups
- Megalodons can’t beach anymore
- Behemoth gate can now be built on non-flat ground, and all dinos can now move through Dino Gate properly now.
- Flyers can now carry other dinos, as well as humans
- You can now activate “wander” mode on tamed dinos, which will make them wander as they normally do in the Wild. Useful if you want mild hunting or just to have them feel more natural when penned-up (gotta have that Dodo farm naturalism). Coming soon: “Hunt-and-return radius” mode 🙂
- Eliminated delays upon Dino AI finding new targets, make the AI’s snappier and more lifelike. Also made tamed Dinos cancel their current movement whenever they are given a new order/AI-state, making them more pro-active.
- Male Dinosaurs can no longer lay eggs.
- Fixed bug where Tribe data could be lost or corrupted, and bug where players who left Tribe would still be considered as “in” the Tribe.
- Argentavis can now also pickup characters, with a higher weight limit than Pteranodon
- Oxygen Enhancing stew is now twice as powerful
- Rockets now have gravity and drop over time, no more infinite range rocket shots
- Crops now grow at 2x speed
- High-level surface supply crates now only give blueprints, was too OP for them to give fully-crafted items
- Environmental Resources now replenish twice as quickly and less range required away from human structures
- In PvE you can now drag unconscious players who are logged-out. Necessary, for now, to prevent people from logging out within your base and thus permanently “occupying” your base.
- Nerdry Glasses and Rex Bone Helm are now paintable
- New server browser that is more akin to Steam’s server browser, allows asynchronous retrieving and filtering searching from among ALL servers, not just a handful.
- You can now ‘Drop All Items’ from remote inventories, which drops them onto the floor
- You can now press ‘D’ when highlighting an item in Inventory to drop it, you can also press Ctrl-D-Num to instantly drop a slotbar item. Power-users!!!!
- Ladder Climbing can properly be activated from above in all cases now.
- You can now open gates with the [E] / Use key when riding a Dino, without having to dismount
- Only female creatures can lay eggs now. I know, this makes me sad but it had to happen ;(
- Added volume slider for voice chat
- Added a radial “Whistle Wheel” that you can use to choose from among the many whistles now available. Access it optionally by briefly holding the “Whistle ‘You Follow'” key!
Performance & Stability
- Improved performance on GPU particles
- Fixed a server-side PhysX crash
- More efficient RAM usage of the TheIsland zones streaming
- Server startup time dramatically reduced.
- Majorly reduced stalls when streaming in new area zones
- You can now access patch notes from within the game
(Original Announcement on Steam)