- Implemented a fix for Spoiling times. Requires Server Update! Highly Recommend Servers Get this Update!
- Fixed ?OverrideOfficialDifficulty=5.0 (etc) on servers. Requires Server Update.
- Fixed permissions on Neutering.
- Fixed Diplocaulus unboarding movement in local play.
Unversioned Hotfix: Fixed overspawn of Dimetrodons in TheCenter Volcano area.
- Fixed collecting Explorer Notes while on Dinos (get a Dino XP Buff when you collect it on a Dino!!)
- Fixed crash case with clients on PGM. Still have issues on a Linux Server, expected solution this weekend.
Unversioned Hotfix: Primitive+ now has fixed animations, and various updated content. Requires Server Update.
- Game support for custom Procedural ARK Generators (ala Mods)! Here’s an example:
Procedurally Generated ARKs are now online and in the first experimental testing period.
You can generate and visit new ARKs nobody has ever visited before – Let´s give it a try! 🙂
If you´re a server admin you can use following links to setup your server to get started:
If you want to relocate / delete / add Spawners:
- You can now wield your weapons when mount-riding certain Dinos. The ARK Box Art is for reals 😉
- New Feature: Procedurally Generated ARKs! EXPERIMENTAL INITIAL TEST!
- New Mechanic: Explorer Notes
- New Dino: Kaprosuchus!
- New Dino: Diplocaulus!
- New Dino: Chalicotherium!
- Neuter/Spay option for Tamed Dinos (irreversible!)
- Tree Platforms now have +70% HP and +50% resistance to explosive damage
Fixes & Improvements
- Render batching optimization for ~20% perf in structure-heavy areas
- Radial Wheel Menu text size now scales with number of entries (to avoid Diplodocus overload, etc)
- Spectators can now see player-talking moving lips & hear voice chat when in range
- Fixed player collisions onto big dino ragdolls
- Non-Drop-In Supply Crates (Cave/Underwater crates etc) no longer have decreasing Health over time (no longer autodestroy), but they can also not accept Inventory anymore and can not be used to generate Boss Tribute Portals.
- System to completely add/subtract/override all Map NPC Spawners via INI (highly useful for PGM spawn tweaking). Fully Mod NPC compatible as well!
- Fixed issue with Dinos not eating or updating some parts of their AI! Requires Server Update! Highly Recommend Servers Get this Update!
- Fixed issue with TheCenter preventing player connections
Note: Procedurally Generated ARKs currently do not work on Linux Servers, Linux Clients, or Mac Clients. We expect to have this fixed within a day or so, stay tuned!
With the upcoming Update the Extinction Servers will be reseted and every single Server will be unique in the Future!
At the end of an Extinction Server’s lifecycle, upon restart, a totally unique random procedural map will be generated and another fresh experience will be created for players.
Raia Tablet No.1
- Prevented spike walls on Dino Platforms (retroactive, unless ?OverrideStructurePlatformPrevention=true)
- Prevented Quetz from moving when head is blocked by platform structures
- Prevented floating platform structures (non-retroactive)
- AutoTurrets shouldn’t ever shoot where it can’t hit anymore
- Prevented building near supply drop points on PvE (unless ?PvEAllowStructuresAtSupplyDrops=true)
- Overworld supply drops will now spawn near player structures in online PvP
Highly Recommend that Servers Hosts upgrade to this version!
Get Ready for ARK: Fear Evolved 2, running from October 27 through Nov 6!
This sequel to the ultimate Survival Holiday-Themed Event will test your skills and your courage as you hunt for the legendary DodoWyvern across Scorched Earth, collecting up new cosmetics and costumes along the way. Back on The Island, you’ll get to tame Snakes, and encounter rare Vampire Bats & Rabid Dire Wolves — being bit by these infected creatures will give you Vampirism or Lycanthropy! Though you will become a monster, you will also gain incredible powers, whether it’s the superhuman sight, speed, strength, and gliding of a Vampire, or the moon-triggered body-morphing ferocity of a Werewolf! Just beware the burning daylight (and stay stocked up on blood)! In Fear Evolved 2, sometimes the most dangerous creature on the ARK… is you!
- Improvement to Server PhysX performance!
- Significant server-side performance improvements of approximately 10% on average. Requires Server Update.
- Servers can now override their difficulty above 4.0, using “?OverrideOfficialDifficulty=5.0” or whatever number they want. Be careful not to go too high!
- Fixed serious performance issue with dedicated servers. Highly Recommend that all server hosts upgrade as soon as possible!
- * Further performance improvement to server-side timer logic.