Sometimes, if you range the woods, you’ll find some precious seeds. Most people don’t know how to use them. This tutorial will help them to understand all aspects of farming.
On first sight it looks like a bad idea to farm something. You need materials, time, endurance and free space in your home. So why don’t stick with searching the berries and other materials in the wild? This can be answered very easily: quality, quantity and predictability.
- You know what you get. If you need narcoberries, you’ll get narcoberries
- You can get rare fruits, which are required for some tonics
- You’ll get much more berries than searching in the wild
Farming requires 5 elements:
- Seeds of the plant you want to grow
The plot acts as the main “container”. You’ll have to put the seeds, fertilizer and water in the plot inventory. These will be removed in a few seconds and the plot will start growing your plants.
seeds are randomly found while searching for berries from natural sources. More details of the resulting plants on our page: Berries and Plants
|Berry Bush seeds
(may be removed)
There are 3 different types of Plots. The larger the plot, the more can be harvested.
|Can be used for every type of berry seeds.
Can hold 200 Waterunits
Can use human and small feces
|Can be used for berries and Savoroot, Longgrass, Rockarrot and Citronal
Can hold 400 Waterunits
Can use up to medium feces
|Can be used for everything in the game, including later introduced crops.
Can use all feces
While growing, the plot will use up the fertilizer over time. You’ll have to make sure, that there is always fertilizer available while growing crops.
|Small dinosaur feces
|Medium dinosaur feces
|Large dinosaur feces
Water can be added on 3 different ways: manually, by irrigation and by rain.
- Filling by hand requires a water container (like a waterskin). Place it in the inventory of the plot and click “Remote Item Use” to fill the water from the container into the plot. The amount of water added to the plot depends on the container used. For example: a waterskin will provide 100 units of water.
- Filling by irrigation requires a working tap close to the plot. The tap will be marked as working, if it contains a water intake or a filled watertank. A working tap will change it color from grey to blue. If everything is working you’ll see the information “irrigated” instead of the water level in your plot.
- Filling by rain requires…. rain. Not very reliable.
If the location of the plot is hot, more water is required, but the crops grow faster.
of course a crop doesn’t pop up instantly. You’ll have to wait a lil bit. The plants will only grow if there is water and fertilizer available. If any of them is missing the growth will stagnate.
- Freshly seeded: 0-1 Minute
- Seedling: ~7 Ingame Days
- Fruitling (ready to harvest)