These are the changes of ARK: Survival Evolved’s Patch 196.0, grouped into categories for clarity. If not otherwise indicated, they’re quoted from the relevant Steam Thread.
- Alpha predators damage vs Stone structures reduced by 80%
- Alpha predators now tend to only appear inland / in mountainous regions
- Alpha predators natural targeting range reduced, easier to deliberately avoid
- Alpha predators now ALWAYS Survivor drop inventories when killed. (i.e. Carno and Rex)
- Added “Re-Fertilizer” item craftable at the Compost Bin which can be used over ground to re-grow depleted foliage over time even if it’s close to structures (avoids the structure distance check, though wont’ regrow if it’s stuck ‘within’ a structure).
- Added option to disable specific Alpha predators (“NPC Replacements”) on custom servers
- Custom servers can now specify “ResourceNoReplenishRadiusStructures” & “ResourceNoReplenishRadiusPlayers” multipliers, if they wish to allow resources to regrow closer or farther away from players & structures.
- Added adjustable “Tethering” distance for non-dedicated multiplayer sessions (maximum distance from Host player)
- PvP servers have an optional +1 minute additonal respawn that doubles each time if you are killed by a team within 5 minutes of your previous death to that team (timer indicated on Spawn UI). Is enabled in pvp by default, and on all the official pvp servers. Helps prevent PvO ammo-wasting of auto turrets by repeatedly throwing sacrificial players at them.
Improved server perf, and fixed some server crash cases
Admin-Only-Access doors (and their doorframes) can no longer be demolished or Replaced by non-Admin tribe members regardless of Governance settings
- Server INI’s option to switch from PvE to PvP mode at pre-specified in-game times OR a pre-specified real-world (server-side) times!
Auto Turrets now target & shoot down enemy grenades AND rockets(and any bullet weapon can shoot grenades & rockets to explode them now)
Replacing Structures doesn’t do obstruction checks anymore (no more failures to replace)
Updated 13. Aug. 15
(Original Announcement on Steam)
Here are the patchnotes of the previous patch (195.2)