ARK: Survival of the Fittest is now available as a totally free, standalone, ‘Multiplayer Online Survival Arena’ built for eSport gameplay!
SotF originated as a spin-off mod which came to be with the release of our ARK: Survival Evolved development kit. The mode was first available as a ‘Total Conversion’ and debuted worldwide with a 70-person slaughter fest of a tournament. Following the success of the game mode, tournaments, and feedback from the community, SotF has been refactored into its own competitive game including four new modes, a robust ranking system, massively boosted performance, cosmetic-tiered rewards, lobbies/parties/on-dema nd-matchmaking, and constant iteration. That’s not all though! On top of releasing as a free game, SotF will also be awarding cash prizes for the top players in each ‘Survivor League’, so ARK survivors can start playing their favourite game at a professional competitive level!
Survivors can form one to six person Tribes with the options to choose Unofficial (Player-Hosted) and Official (Ranked) servers, and a variety of game-lengths and sizes in which to play. Players will start in the base forest environment introduced in the original ARK: Survival Evolved, with new environments and creatures introduced as the game evolves. Dedicated eSport rankings, matchmaking, reward, and upcoming Tournaments make ARK: SotF readily accessible to all players and after each month we’ll be awarding over $50,000 to the Top-10 Ranked Players in each of the four game modes, referred to as the Survivor League.
SotF is balanced for intense competition, contestants begin in a neutral staging area where they can communicate pre-game, strategize, or talk trash. After a countdown, they dramatically descend from the sky onto the ARK in a circular formation via beams of light. There is a cache of valuable items in the center – do survivors dash for the goods and fight it out, do they run into the forest and hide, search for Dinosaurs to rapidly build their army, or do they freeze up from the sheer terror of death? A continually shrinking “Ring of Death” forces contestants ever closer together over time. The hunt is on!
- Free, Action-Packed Core Survival Gameplay
- Fully functional spectator system, including First Person Spectator!
- 75+ Creatures to Tame and Ride at full launch
- Multiple Official Game Modes (FFA, 2 Player Tribes, 4 Player Tribes, and 6 Player Tribes)
- Game-Changing Tameable Super Creatures (Dragon, Giant Ape, Brood Mother)
- Mysterious “Evolution Events”
- Arsenal of Weapons, Traps, Armor, Structures and other Items from
- Primitive to Modern Tech Tiers
- Official Ranked and Unofficial customized player-hosted servers
- Upcoming Mod Support
- Robust Ranking and Tournament System
- Exclusive SotF Cosmetic Items that can also be used in ARK: Survival Evolved
- One-to-Six Player Tribes
- Custom-Painted “War Banners” enable Tribes to show off their team spirit on Flags across their army of Dinosaurs, and are also broadcast on the gigantic billboards during game events. Just don’t draw anything offensive!
- A custom soundtrack written by award-winning composer of “Ori and the Blind Forest”, Gareth Coker!
ARK is launching SotF into Early Access absolutely free with no monetization, however you will get the benefits of a fully-supported game. There will be constant communication and a team working on the project. Band together with your friends and compete for a chance to win exclusive, unique, and fun cosmetics – not to mention bragging rights!
Prepare yourself for the ultimate dinosaur competitive experience. SotF has been developed with passion and love for the genre and the hopes to make this the #1 entry in the category. Come and be a part of history in the making. Tribe up and let’s see who the fittest survivor is!
Source: Steam from Jak and ARK-Team