On October 26, 2023, the Early Access version of ARK: Survival Ascended was released on Steam. The launch on PlayStation and Xbox is scheduled for November. In the new launch trailer, the developers show how incredibly cool the survival fight with the dinosaurs looks in Unreal Engine 5.
|Common Name||Yi Ling|
|Command||admincheat summon Fjordhawk_Character_BP|
- Wild:This feathered fella is so much bigger than the Yi species I knew in my day! Despite its aberrant size, Yi ling is still somehow light enough to cling to walls and it can even glide short distances. It’s light on its feet as well, able to dodge attacks on the run.
A tamed Yi makes for an excellent -- if precarious -- hunting mount. Some tribes use them as caravan scouts, others to torment enemy forces.
I’ve seen Yi scarf up the weird mushrooms, congealed gas balls, and nameless creatures scurrying around down here. Who knows what effect a diet like that would have on its feathery weaponry? Watch what your Yi eats, and you just might learn to sharpen its fighting skills!
Known Information: I’m glad Yi seems to prefer prey smaller than itself, because it can eject a spray of barbed feathers at an unhappy target before darting in to rip them back out. Its unique firepower may expose Yi in the short term, but its protective plumage regrows fast.
- Raw Meat
Base Stats and Calculator
Check Yi_Ling in Taming Calculator
Finish your journey through the worlds of ARK in ‘Extinction’, where the story began and ends: on Earth itself!
With the partnership of Grove Street Games the Game is released now on Nintendo Switch!
The trailer for Season 1 is here!
ARK: The Animated Series is an adaptation of the hit video game and features an unparalleled cast including Michelle Yeoh, Gerard Butler, Russell Crowe and Vin Diesel as executive producers. In a sweeping story that spans eons of human and world history, 21st century paleontologist Helena Walker finds herself in a mysterious prehistoric land after a tragedy. There she must learn to survive and find new allies, or die again at the hands of ruthless warlords – all while trying to uncover the true nature of her strange new world. ARK: The Animated Series will be released in 2023 on a yet-to-be-announced platform. Join us then for a timeless adventure beyond life and death itself!
Voice Talent and Character descriptions (in alphabetical order).
● Dee Bradley Baker voices many of ARK’s furry and scaly creatures.
● Monica Bellucci plays Cassia Virila, a strong-willed Roman noblewoman during the time of the Augustan Empire.
● Gerard Butler plays General Gaius Marcellus Nerva, a brutal ancient Roman despot.
● Devery Jacobs plays Alasie, a swinging 17th century Inuit teenager who now finds his place on the ARK.
● Cissy Jones plays Gladiatrix, a fearsome commander in Nerva’s army.
● Madeleine Madden plays 21st century Australian paleontologist Helena Walker, who has just awakened on the ARK.
● Deborah Mailman plays Deborah Walker, a 21st century Australian Aboriginal activist and mother of Helena Walker.
● Zahn McClarnon plays Thunder Comes Charging, a 19th century Lakota warrior who leads a thriving community on the ARK.
● Malcolm McDowell plays Senator Lucius Cassius Virilis, a manipulative aristocrat during the reign of Caesar Augustus.
● Juliet Mills plays Chava, a wise healer and member of the village council.
● Elliot Page plays Victoria Walker, an idealistic humanitarian and wife of Helena Walker.
● Ragga Ragnars plays Queen Sigrid, a warlike Viking warlord from the 10th century.
● David Tennant plays Sir Edmund Rockwell, an egocentric 19th century scientist with dark ambitions.
● Alan Tudyk plays the Captain, a surly buccaneer who profitably navigates the dangerous waters around the ARK.
● Karl Urban plays Bob, an edgy-faced newcomer to the ARK.
● Jeffrey Wright plays Henry Townsend, an American watchmaker and spy for the Patriots in the 18th century.
● Michelle Yeoh plays Meiyin Li, a 3rd century Chinese rebel leader known on the ARK as the fearsome “Beast Queen.”
● Ron Yuan plays Han Li, a 3rd century Chinese rebel leader and brother of Meiyin.
● Russell Crowe plays Kor the Prophet, an eccentric “dino-whisperer.
ARK: The Survival of the Fittest is a prototype spin-off of ARK: Survival Evolved that pits up to 60 players against each other in a fast-paced, action-packed survival battle to lead their dinosaur armies into battle in an epic showdown. ARK TSOTF is the only Battle Royale that focuses on large-scale confrontations between creatures and armies, combined with a unique real-time strategy overlay. By using tactics and strategy to assemble a fighting force of the most powerful prehistoric creatures in history, only one tribe will survive!
Form your tribe and fight in the ultimate dinosaur survival battle! The survivors begin their battle in a TEK-themed sky lobby to form a tribe, and are set for intense competition and fast-paced dino action. When the battle begins, they fly aboard a giant quetzal to an island before jumping off and gliding to their chosen starting area. Do the competitors pounce on the drops and fight it out? Do they run and hide in the jungle, looking for creatures to tame and quickly build up their dino army, or die at the hands of a pack of curious compys? Take advantage of the bird’s eye view mode that allows you to command and control your dinosaur army more effectively, own individual upgradeable creatures directly, and give orders to your team as the ultimate strategist. This unique RTS-style experience is available in life and even after death! Avoid the ever-shrinking and dynamic “Ring of Death” that keeps participants closer and closer together over time, and become the last surviving tribe. The hunt is on!
This event can be manually activated with the server arg parameter: -ActiveEvent=WinterWonderland
December 14th to January 5th
*Note that these bonuses are multiplicative of the game’s standard 1x rates.
- Official Servers: 3x XP, Harvesting, Taming, and Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval, 1.5x Hexagon Bonus
- Small Tribe Servers: 4.5x XP, 4.5x Harvesting, 4.5x Taming, and 4x Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval, 1.5x Hexagon Bonus
- ARKPocalypse: 5x XP, 5x Harvesting, 5x Taming, and 5x Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval, 1.5x Hexagon Bonus
- Conquest: 4.5x XP, 4.5x Harvesting, 4.5x Taming, and 4x Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval, 1.5x Hexagon Bonus
- Santa Laugh Emote
- Caroling Emote
- Happy Clap Emote
- Nutcracker Dance Emote
- Full-body Santa Costume
- Animated TV Show Parasaur Skin
- 3 New Male & Female Christmas-themed Sweater Skins
- 4 New Christmas-themed Beanie Skins
- Rex Sweater Skin
- Carolers Sweater Skin
- Bulbdog Sweater Skin
- Blue Winter Beanie
- Purple Winter Beanie
- Green Winter Beanie
- Male and Female Noglin Swimsuit Skin
- Male and Female Yeti Swimsuit Skin
- Candy Cane Club Skin
- Christmas Bola Skin
- Nutcracker Slingshot Skin
- Dino Ornament Swim Bottom Skin
- Dino Ornament Swim Top Skin
- Jerboa Wreath Swim Bottom Skin
- Jerboa Wreath Swim Top Skin
- Ugly Bronto Sweater Skin
- Ugly Carno Sweater Skin
- Ugly Chibi Sweater Skin
- Gray Winter Beanie Skin
- Purple Winter Beanie Skin
- Red Winter Beanie Skin
- Felt Reindeer Antlers Skin
- Santa Hat Skin
- Andrewsarchus *NEW*
- Pachy *NEW*
- Fenrir *NEW*
- Diplodocus *NEW*
- Festival Lights *NEW*
- Red & green variants of the 4 light pets in costume
- Festive Dino Candy
- Holiday Lights
- Holiday Stocking
- Holiday Tree
- Gift Box
EVENT CREATURE COLORS
All of the base game dino colors will be disabled so that only the colours above plus the legacy Winter Wonderland colors will be available for spawns
- DinoAlbino *NEW*
- DarkViolet *NEW*
- Lavender *NEW*
- LightGrey *NEW*
- DinoLightPurple *NEW*
- Glacial *NEW*
- PowderBlue *NEW*
- DinoLightBlue *NEW*
- DragonGreen0 *NEW*
- DarkRed *NEW*
- Actual Black *NEW*
- Cyan *NEW*
- DeepPink *NEW*
- DarkPurple *NEW*
- Mint *NEW*
- Lavender *NEW*
- Dino Light Purple *NEW*
- Dino Light Blue *NEW*
- DragonGreen0 *NEW*
- Light Grey
- Light Red
- Dark Red
- Dino Light Red
- Dino Light Green
- Dino Medium Green
- Dino Albino
The Winter Wonderland patch on December 14th will introduce brand new narrative content – featuring actors Maddy Madden (The Wheel of Time) and David Tennant (Doctor Who) reprising their respective roles as Helena Walker and Sir Edmund Rockwell. All of Helena’s and Rockwell’s Dossiers and Explorer Notes will also be voiced by the actors, as will survivors’ epic confrontation versus Rockwell on ARK Aberration. The highly requested Scorched Earth ascension will also make its debut!
Deck the halls with boughs of holly! Winter Wonderland will be making a triumphant return with new presents and goodies for ARK survivors. The epic winter-themed holiday event begins on December 14th and will last until Thursday, January 5th.
RaptorClaus will be sailing across the star-filled night sky in his sleigh, dropping off presents filled with high-end loot as well as Mistletoe, and Coal for those naughty Survivors. You’ll be able to catch RaptorClaus flying across the skies at midnight (game time) on all maps.
GachaClaus is also making a triumphant return to help RaptorClaus spread the holiday cheer! GachaClaus will be roaming all maps looking for eager recipients while sporting holiday-themed colors. He will be accepting your coal and in exchange will gift you holiday-themed items, or you can trade-in your mistletoe and coal for skins, costumes, weapons, armor, or 12 new Chibis!
Unfortunately, the release of “ARK: Ultimate Survivor Edition for Nintendo Switch” will be delayed and will happen hopefully in early November.
On EpicGames, you can get the game “ARK: Survival Evolved” for free.
Save it until September 29th to be able to play it permanently.
Genre: Action, Adventure, Survival
What new features await survivors?
The list of new and enhanced gameplay mechanics is long and includes a completely new combat feel, smarter dinosaurs, physics-based animations, and extensive mod support.
ARK 2 will be playable solely from the shoulder perspective at release. This means you’ll be able to watch your character use the extensive new repertoire of moves. This now includes automatic jumping over obstacles, free climbing on steep cliffs, targeted sliding and swinging on ropes.
The developers cite the parkour skills of the Assassins Creed protagonists and the climbing in Zelda: Breath of the Wild as the source of inspiration for your character’s new mobility.
New faction: The Aratai
In addition to dinosaurs and other players, you will also face an entirely new faction: the Aratai. They are likely to be an NPC tribe that will bring the reworked humanoid duels closer to those who don’t usually compete with other humans. However, they are not likely to make the environment any less dangerous on PvP servers either.
The Aratai also tame their own dinos and use them against you in battle. However, we won’t know exactly how the encounters with them will go until we see actual gameplay.
New combat system, animations and collisions
When it comes to clashes with other players and the Aratai, ARK 2 is now clearly oriented towards the Dark Souls games. The combat system will focus heavily on dodging, blocking, combinations of light and heavy attacks, and the player’s ability to react.
The fight against dinosaurs is also supposed to be much more varied, because not only are their animations even more brutal, the corresponding animations are now also physics-based.
According to the developers, bite and scratch animations will now no longer pass through characters, but actually collide with them, get deflected, and cause hit feedback and injuries at the exact spot they hit.
However, these are not supposed to be trimmed for realism and they also want to hold back on the blood. Accordingly, the game is more likely to be released for children over 16.
A skill system with a proper skill tree
In the first part, players were also able to level up, but afterwards they only distributed a few attribute points and unlocked new crafting recipes. Ark 2, on the other hand, wants to offer a full-fledged talent tree, from which you’ll gradually draw your active and passive abilities.
The introduction of such a system always brings with it balance issues. Only time will tell how significant the advantages of widely upgraded characters will be over relatively new ones.
Thanks to a new world event system, the world should feel infinitely more alive and dynamic. For example, dinosaurs will interact with their environment on their own, regardless of player presence. These events will be procedurally generated based on the situation.
The examples given include regular gatherings of dinos at watering holes, wounded creatures and predators following their tracks, herds and herd panics, and parent animals taking themselves and their young to safety in caves.
In addition, players should be able to earn a creature’s trust by rescuing it from a dicey situation. This should then make the subsequent taming easier. The other (optional) events will probably also have a playful benefit that can be drawn from the situation.
In addition, dinos now use three of their senses: sight, hearing and smell. Players can evade these directly by camouflaging themselves, masking their scent and moving as quietly as possible.