You want to give your best friend or helpers the possibility to get in an admin position?
Then you have to follow this simple steps 🙂
- Select Host/local
- Select “HOST DEDICATED SERVER” ( DO NOT load your non-dedicated yet)
- Invite the people you want to give admin command access to.
- Use the on-screen options to grant the players the admin position. Just click on the Player or Players you want and then click on the “Add Admin” dialog button, their names will be transfered to the administrator list.
- Your friends now have to exit to the main menu
- Now host your non-dedicated server.
- Your friends can now use “admincheat <command>” as soon as they´re logged in 🙂
You can give your friends access to admin rights ingame : just go up to them, hold “Y” and promote them to admin.
7 thoughts on “How to give other players admin command access on your Non-Dedicated Server”
My friend gave me admin access but I cannot spawn things in if someone could please help that would be great
Before the command you have to type admincheat. Then put a space and then put ur command. I had the same problems.
for open like a ”cmd” of the server, my friend need to type enablecheats ?
I’ve tried to do this, i enter the DEDICATED server, but i cannot invite anyone, how do i invite them?
1 year later
Theres an invite player button
XBOX One user:
So I did the dedicated server > invite your friend > add them as admin (they had to create a new character in the dedicated svr.)
Then we all backed out and I started my non-dedicated. They joined as usual, but keep getting “request admin” when they bring up the command console. No cheats work with either prefix “cheat” or “admincheat”
I tried entering “enablecheats ” on both consoles. Host console recognized it as a command, but guest still cannot admin command.
It’s January 2018 and everything here is from “a year ago.” Maybe a recent update screwed this technique? Any Xboxers still having luck?
2022 and still isn’t working for guests.