These are the changes of ARK: Survival Evolved’s Update 177.0, grouped into categories for clarity. If not otherwise indicated, they’re quoted from the relevant Steam Thread.
- You can now make the T-Rex ROAR!!! with alt fire. The first of many 😉
- A new Dinosaur will be added???
- Custom Skinned Mammoth Saddle & Sabertooth Saddles
- Flyers do 60% less damage to structures
- Can now adjust a setting for whether you want your dino to auto-collect inventory from things it kills
- Guns/explosives are 20% more effective against dinos
- Reinforced Steel Vault, for when you gotta store a crapton of items with maximum security [Our Item Spotlight is here, -Ed]
- Wood Spike Barricade, for when you just gotta build a quick defense on the cheap.
- “Bookshelf” to store mass quantities of blueprints and notes and implants
- Major improvement to asynchronous background streaming, resulting in smoother overall performance when moving through the environment
- fixed water jar blueprint
- fixed fall damage to never get a super high instantaneous velocity, is now time-based.
- Tribe governance can now be reset
- Locked Doors now always accessible by Tribemates (PIN-coded doors follow the governance setting)
- Storage Boxes now only use slots, not weight
- Doubled number of item slots on “Smity”, “Fabricator”, etc
- Supply Drops now give crafted items again, albeit at adjusted rates
(Original Announcement on Steam)
Here are the patchnotes of the previous patch (176.0).
Silica Pearls are an essential item for anyone who wants to build electronics in ARK: Survival Evolved. Unfortunately, their acquisition often poses significant problems. This post gives you an overview of how to find them.
How to find them
The key to harvesting the pearls is to recognize them. The image to the left shows a typical underwater clam populated with the pearls. You’ll be able to find these on the ocean-floor and in underwater caves. Simply pick the white pearls from the stone using your hand.
As with any underwater farming mission, certain precautions should be undertaken. For starters, before you attempt to dive deep you should make sure to kill any sharks or other hostile creatures in the area. Also be sure to take advantage of Lazarus Chowder. That’s a stew you can brew, and it reduces your Oxygen consumption underwater, which is quite handy. You can create it in the Cooking Pot using this recipe:
- 5x Savoroot
- 5x Longrass
- 2x Narcotic
- 10x Mejoberry
- 9x Cooked Meat
Patch 175.0 added a new menu for Dino-Whistle-Commands. You can access it by keeping the “T”-key pressed (or the “Whistle Follow Me”-key, should you have reassigned it).
The menu provides access to a diverse set of whistling options for your dinosaurs. Obiously they only work for tamed dinos (if you haven’t tamed one yet, here‘s a tutorial).
|Whistle Follow All
||All Dinosaurs in a certain radius will follow you.
|Whistle Follow One
||The Dinosaur you’re looking at will follow you.
|Whistle Stop All
||All Dinosaurs in a certain radius will stop.
|Whistle Stop One
||The Dinosaur you’re looking at will stop.
||All Dinosaurs in a certain radius will get aggressive. That means, they’re going to attack all people and animals that aren’t a member of your tribe.
||All Dinosaurs in a certain radius will get neutral. That means, they’re going to abort their current attacks, but will still defend themselves should they be under attack.
Keep in mind that the radius of the whistles is limited.
These are the changes of ARK: Survival Evolved’s Patch 176.0, grouped into categories for clarity. If not otherwise indicated, they’re quoted from the relevant Steam Thread.
- You can now walk all your dinos backwards
- Removed the Dino Inventory Slot limits
- Raised the dino fall damage velocity threshold by about 33% and decreased fall damage by 33%
- Upped the Argentavis’ Stamina by 150%, to better enable long-distance flight, it loses stamina when flying as the Ptera.
- From the backs of dinos, only doors are now activatable. Otherwise [E] will dismount.
- Drop-All no longer drops equipped items (dino saddles etc)
- Fixed remaining ladder climbing error
- Blue Supply Crates that weren’t appearing are fixed.
(Original Announcement on Steam)
Here are the patchnotes of the previous patch (175.0), here are those of the next patch (177.0).
(Click here for the patchnotes of the previous ARK: Survival Evolved patch 175.0)
- Fixed issue with being forced to “respawn” in 175.0. Redeployed the ARK Official Server Network with the saved data immediately prior to doing the update, no data loss. We suggest server admins use 175.1 rather than 175.0
These are the changes of ARK: Survival Evolved’s Patch 175.1. If not otherwise indicated, they’re quoted from the relevant Steam Thread.
(Original announcement on Steam)
You can download the 175.0 update now, but the Linux Server was cancelled 🙁
Changelog for 1.7.5
They want to release the Linux Server today or tomorrow: http://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/594820656447032287/#c594820656464596462
The discovery of Gasoline is a stepping stone for any tribe. You’ll have to actually produce your fuel though, and that’s not as simple as it sounds. This short tutorial gives a step by step explanation of what to do. First of all you’re going to need Oil. You can usually find it at the bottom of the ocean, in underwater caves (a list of them is here) or in select rocks at some parts of the shore. The details of its acquisition are beyond the scope of this tutorial though. The next requirement is Hide. You should have plenty of it already, as it’s a by-product of hunting dinosaurs. Lastly you’ll need a burning material. There are several equally viable choices here, so simply pick what you have most of. That will usually be Thatch or Wood. Put all of these into a Refining Forge. Once that’s done, you’ll have to start it by clicking the “Put on fire”-button. Wait for a short time, and the first gasoline should appear in the inventory of your forge. Producing 5 items of Gasoline requires 3 oil and 5 hide.
These are the changes of ARK: Survival Evolved’s Patch 175.0, grouped into categories for clarity. If not otherwise indicated, they’re quoted from the relevant Steam Thread.
- Tribe Governance Options: Presets: Communism, Capitalism, Libertarianism, and everything in between via total customizable property, dino, & structure sharing settings. Trive Manager now has “Government” options which can (currently) only be set upon creation of the Tribe. When you are invited to a Tribe, you can now view the Tribe’s governance options in the Activation menu before deciding whether to join. If you wish to change this afterwards, Merge the Tribe into a new Tribe.
- New: Craftable Headlamp item
- Added “Go Aggressive” and “Go Neutral” ranged whistle commands. “Go Neutral” also clears aggro, so is good for quickly recalling your dinos from an attack.
- Dinos now take fall damage properly
- Better dino following logic, and fixed a bug where following dinos weren’t sprinting like they should have been
- Piranhas now spawn in larget groups
- Megalodons can’t beach anymore
- Behemoth gate can now be built on non-flat ground, and all dinos can now move through Dino Gate properly now.
- Flyers can now carry other dinos, as well as humans
- You can now activate “wander” mode on tamed dinos, which will make them wander as they normally do in the Wild. Useful if you want mild hunting or just to have them feel more natural when penned-up (gotta have that Dodo farm naturalism). Coming soon: “Hunt-and-return radius” mode 🙂
- Eliminated delays upon Dino AI finding new targets, make the AI’s snappier and more lifelike. Also made tamed Dinos cancel their current movement whenever they are given a new order/AI-state, making them more pro-active.
- Male Dinosaurs can no longer lay eggs.
- Fixed bug where Tribe data could be lost or corrupted, and bug where players who left Tribe would still be considered as “in” the Tribe.
- Argentavis can now also pickup characters, with a higher weight limit than Pteranodon
- Oxygen Enhancing stew is now twice as powerful
- Rockets now have gravity and drop over time, no more infinite range rocket shots
- Crops now grow at 2x speed
- High-level surface supply crates now only give blueprints, was too OP for them to give fully-crafted items
- Environmental Resources now replenish twice as quickly and less range required away from human structures
- In PvE you can now drag unconscious players who are logged-out. Necessary, for now, to prevent people from logging out within your base and thus permanently “occupying” your base.
- Nerdry Glasses and Rex Bone Helm are now paintable
- New server browser that is more akin to Steam’s server browser, allows asynchronous retrieving and filtering searching from among ALL servers, not just a handful.
- You can now ‘Drop All Items’ from remote inventories, which drops them onto the floor
- You can now press ‘D’ when highlighting an item in Inventory to drop it, you can also press Ctrl-D-Num to instantly drop a slotbar item. Power-users!!!!
- Ladder Climbing can properly be activated from above in all cases now.
- You can now open gates with the [E] / Use key when riding a Dino, without having to dismount
- Only female creatures can lay eggs now. I know, this makes me sad but it had to happen ;(
- Added volume slider for voice chat
- Added a radial “Whistle Wheel” that you can use to choose from among the many whistles now available. Access it optionally by briefly holding the “Whistle ‘You Follow'” key!
Performance & Stability
- Improved performance on GPU particles
- Fixed a server-side PhysX crash
- More efficient RAM usage of the TheIsland zones streaming
- Server startup time dramatically reduced.
- Majorly reduced stalls when streaming in new area zones
- You can now access patch notes from within the game
(Original Announcement on Steam)
Here are the patchnotes of the previous patch (174.31), here are those of the next patch (176.0).