These are the changes of ARK: Survival Evolved’s Patch 186.0, grouped into categories for clarity. If not otherwise indicated, they’re quoted from the relevant Steam Thread. We’ve also added some links to our Item Spotlights on the new items.
New Items / New Structures
- Omni Electric Lamp
- Reinforced Ceiling-Door and Reinforced Window-Door
- Industrial Multi-Grill!
- Two new tripwire traps: Audio alarm and gas bomb!
- Audio-Alarm Away & Offline raiding notifications, Phase 1!
- Eggs for all animals and circle-of-life ‘Taming Efficiency’ boosting per-dino Egg-Kibbles!
- Max Level increased by 4 for Players and Dinos
- Configurable Low/Medium/Far Targeting & Wander Range for Pets
- Customizable Bandwidth setting for players to choose a bandwidth appropriate to their own connection. Can further improve structure-streaming speed, if you have sufficient bandwidth to handle it as a client. (Can also eliminate any remaining DC’s if you reduce it and you’re on a lower bandwidth connection.)
- Destroying a Behemoth Gate Frame will now also destroy the Behemoth Gate within it
- Missed This: Raw Prime Meat is now 1/3rd as fast as it was previously to tame (it’s equivalent to Raw Meat) — but same Affinity. Kibble is 1/2 as fast as Raw Prime Meat was previously to tame. We will be adjusting these back to more-or-less their previous speeds in our next major Update.
- You can now equip the Spyglass while riding on a dino. Note that doing so will always zoom-in with it (since we don’t want to steal the Right Mouse Button input); simply unequip it to stop zooming.
- Server Hosts can now configure per-DinoClass Wild & Tamed Health and Damage Multipliers in their INI (nerf those flyers in Primitive!), and these apply dynamically
- Current Day # & Time is now displayed on the Spawn/Character Creation UI
- Improved AMD Shadow flickering fix
- Dino Stats are now retained properly when uploading/downloading across maps
- Fixed a bug where Wild Dinos were not naturally recovering their Torpor over time
- Fixed an infinite-oxygen-underwater exploit.
- Fixed a case where by swimming at a certain angle you could almost completely avoid losing stamina
- Attacking when in water while riding no longer causes a movement de-sync
- Fixed amphibious stamina recovery while in water, now it’s very fast as intended.
- Fixed the Enchanted Lake Of Wonders… well, the lake that was missing water physics, more specifically 😉 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjKjnxcg-Bo
- Hopeful fix for players/dinos after load falling thru floors
- Fixed water tank water not saving properly
- Fixed tamed dino level bonuses not holding when taming across save games, and speed getting messed up, and Auto XP not applying
(Original Announcement on Steam)
Here are the patchnotes of the previous patch (185.62)