These are the changes of ARK: Survival Evolved’s Patch 185.4, grouped into categories for clarity. If not otherwise indicated, they’re quoted from the relevant Steam Thread.
- Mods will now download dynamically upon connection even if you connect to a server directly thru the Steam Client
- All Chat is now logged to RCON
- Max height of structures above the ground is now 25,000 units. Previously was 15,000 units.
- Fix for AMD GPU shadow flickering (partial… can still flicker but far less frequently. full fix is coming this weekend)
- Eliminated issue where large amounts of structures could cause client disconnection or bandwidth starvation (mega lag)
- Mods will now load properly on clients launched with commandlines (such as -nomansky)
- Fixed some more Admin UI crashes 😉
- Approximate 10% Dedicated Server Performance gain
- Approximate 80% faster savegame load speed
- Reduced client hitching around large structures
- Improved client physx performance onto large structures
(Original Announcement on Steam)
Here are the patchnotes of the previous patch (185.3)